Puffy Chicken Chili Relleno
For a tasty and terrific one dish meal, this chili relleno does the trick.
- cooking spray
- 4 6-inch reduced-fat tortillas, torn into pieces
- 1 6 oz package, cooked chicken breast strips, chopped
- 2 4 oz cans, chopped green chilies
- 1 cup chopped green onions, divided (plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 16 oz jar prepared salsa
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (or Mexican cheese blend)
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With cooking spray, coat 2-quart baking dish. Spread torn tortillas in the bottom of dish. Layer chicken, chilies, and green onions on top of tortillas. spread salsa as the next layer; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and flour. Pour evenly into baking dish. Bake until golden, puffy and center reaches 160°F, about 35–40 minutes.
- Cool 10–15 minutes before cutting. Serve topped with sour cream and reserved 2 tablespoons green onions, if desired.
Calories from Fat 160 (49%)
(27%)Total Fat 18g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.