Mexi Beef Chili Mac
A campfire classic for years, this version of beef chili mac spices things up with the cumin and ground red pepper.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tsp Spicy Seasoning Mix (see directions)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Brown ground beef with bell pepper, onion and garlic in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Spicy Seasoning Mix:Combine 3 tablespoons chili powder, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano and 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper. Store in an airtight container. Shake before using. Makes 1/4 cup.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 111 (35%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(23%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.