Grilled Tilapia Tacos
Tilapia filets hold up beautifully in tacos, especially topped with a cool and creamy avocado-lime sauce.
- 2 lbs fresh tilapia fillets
- olive oil
- flour tortillas
- shredded cabbage
- sour cream
- fresh lime wedges
- Sauce1/3 cup fresh, chopped cilantro
- 2 jalapeños, seeded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Into a food processor, add cilantro and jalapeños, process until coarsely chopped and mixed together. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, avocado and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Keep this sauce refrigerated until needed.
- Brush tilapia fillets with olive oil and grill over medium heat for 2-4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Heat tortillas on grill and spread 2 Tbls. of sauce on each warm tortilla. Place 1/2 of a fillet in center of each tortilla, add shredded cabbage, fold tortilla and top with salsa and sour cream. Garnish with fresh lime wedges.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 223 (50%)
(39%)Total Fat 25g
(28%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.