Grilled Fresh Asparagus with Pancetta, Pepato Cheese, and Herbs
Pancetta, pepato cheese and herbs make this dish an irresistible combination of spicy and savory.
- 1- 1/2 lbs jumbo or extra-large fresh asparagus, trimmed
- olive oil, as needed
- 2 Tbs grated pepato cheese (Romano cheese with peppercorns) or plain Romano
- 3 oz thinly-sliced pancetta or 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp, then crumbled
- 1 Tbs chopped Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- 1 Tbs shredded basil
- 1 Tbs shredded mint
- Generously coat asparagus spears with olive oil. Grill over medium-hot heat. Turn frequently, until asparagus is lightly browned and tender-crisp, about 6 minutes for extra-large and a minute or two more for jumbo. Arrange on a warmed serving platter.
- Sprinkle with cheese, pancetta, and herbs.
Calories from Fat 61 (59%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 6g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.