Egg and Cheddar Quesadillas
Serve for a kid-friendly breakfast, a high-protein snack, or a quick family supper.
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 8-inch spinach or flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Pour in eggs. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted spatula, forming large soft curds. Add salsa. Continue cooking—pulling, lifting, and folding eggs—until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spoon eggs onto 4 tortillas, dividing evenly. Sprinkle evenly with cheese; cover with remaining tortillas.
- Clean skillet. Coat with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat until hot. Toast quesadillas, one at a time, just until cheese is melted, 1–2 minutes per side. Cut into quarters to serve.
Calories from Fat 125 (44%)
(21%)Total Fat 14g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.