Chicken and Pear Skillet Supper
Recipe courtesy of Pacific Northwest Canned Pears
- 1 can (16 oz. or 455g) canned pears in juice or light syrup
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, 1/4-inch (0.5cm) thick
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 3 cups mixed vegetables such as onions, red and green peppers, celery, bok choy, carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp dried, crushed thyme
- In a small saucepan, add carrots to 1/4 cup (60mL) boiling water. Simmer about 2 minutes until carrots are crisp-tender. Set them aside.
- Drain pears; reserve 1/2 cup (120mL) liquid.
- Cut chicken into 2-inch (5cm) strips. Heat oil in a 10-inch (25cm) skillet or wok; quickly brown chicken over high heat. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Sauté vegetables (including carrots) and garlic until crisp-tender, being careful not to burn garlic.
- Return chicken to the pan. Combine reserved liquid, wine, soy sauce, cornstarch and thyme; mix well. pour mixture into skillet and stir-fry until sauce thickens. Add pears and gently stir-fry 1–2 minutes until pears are thoroughly heated.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
Calories from Fat 67 (16%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 60g
(63%)Dietary Fiber 16g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.