Cajun Lamb Loin Sandwiches with Grilled Onions and Horseradish Cream
This is no ordinary sandwich—a little Cajun bite, nicely tempered with creamy, Southern hospitality.
- 2 boneless lamb loins or steaks (approximately 3 to 4 ounces per sandwich)
- 1 Tbs Cajun seasoning
- 1 large red onion, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Green leaf lettuce
- Tomatoes, sliced
- 6 ciabatta rolls (or other crusty bread rolls)
- Horseradish Cream1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 Tbs prepared horseradish, drained
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Rub a light coating of olive oil on both sides of the lamb loin and the onions. Sprinkle the onions with salt and pepper. Divide the Cajun seasoning between the 2 lamb loins, or steaks; rub all sides to cover.
- Grill loins over medium-hot heat for approximately 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning occasionally. Remove from grill; rest for 10 minutes before slicing very thin. Grill the onion until soft and charred in places.
- Slice the rolls in half. Top with a lettuce leaf, sliced tomato, lamb, grilled onions, and a dollop of Horseradish Cream. Top with the other half of the ciabatta bun; serve immediately.
- Horseradish CreamCombine in a bowl: sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, black pepper, and salt; mix well.
Calories from Fat 258 (59%)
(44%)Total Fat 29g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 33g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.