Beef Spring Rolls with Carrots and Cilantro
- 1 pound beef top sirloin or top round steak, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick or flank steak
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons prepared stir-fry sauce and marinade, divided
- 8 rice paper wrappers (8 to 9-inch diameter)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- Additional prepared stir-fry sauce and marinade (optional)
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Combine 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce and beef in medium bowl. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Fill large bowl with warm water. Dip 1 rice paper wrapper into water for a few seconds or just until moistened. Rice paper will still be firm but will continue to soften during assembly. Place on work surface.
- Spoon 1/4 cup beef, 2 tablespoons carrots and 2 tablespoons cilantro evenly in a row across center of wrapper, leaving 1-inch border on right and left sides; drizzle with about 1 teaspoon reserved stir-fry sauce. Fold right and left sides of wrapper over filling. Fold bottom edge up over filling and roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling ingredients. Cut each spring roll diagonally in half. Serve with additional stir-fry sauce, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Cook's Tip: Eight large lettuce leaves may be substituted for rice paper wrappers.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc, and a good source of iron.
Calories from Fat 167 (45%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.