Asparagus with Blue Cheese and Pine Nuts
This simple yet elegant side dish blends asparagus with blue cheese to wow your pallette.
- 1- 1/2 Tbs red or white wine vinegar
- 1- 1/2 tsp finely chopped shallot
- salt as needed
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1- 1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 3 oz firm blue cheese, chilled
- 3 Tbs pine nuts, toasted
- To make vinaigrette, mix vinegar, shallot, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Whisk in oil; reserve.
- Blanch asparagus in a frying pan large enough to hold asparagus in one layer. Bring approximately 3 inches of water to a boil. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt. Add asparagus. Cook at a medium boil until fork tender, about 3 minutes, depending on thickness. Drain on paper towel; cool.
- To assemble, arrange asparagus on a platter; drizzle with vinaigrette. Roll spears to coat with vinaigrette. Shred cheese onto a piece of wax paper, using the small holes of a shredder. Evenly sprinkle shredded cheese over asparagus; scatter pine nuts over cheese.
Preparation Tip: Recipe can be made ahead. Refrigerate vinaigrette and cooled asparagus, tightly sealed. Return to room temperature before serving.
Calories from Fat 93 (72%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(18%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.