Asparagus Fettuccini with Pancetta and Basil in a White Wine Broth
Pancetta is a savory addition to this simple pasta dish.
- 1 lb fettuccini
- 6 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2 " diagonal slices
- 6 oz pancetta, cooked and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain and return to pot.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, pancetta and garlic and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus mixture to pasta. In the same sauté pan, bring the broth and wine to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the butter, salt and pepper to taste. Add the wine mixture to the pasta.
- To serve, top pasta with the chopped basil and grated cheese.
Calories from Fat 405 (43%)
(66%)Total Fat 43g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 99g
(36%)Dietary Fiber 9g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.