Asparagus and Lamb Stir Fry
Chili-garlic sauce and sugar add a touch of sweet and spicy to this tempting meal.
- 1 lb boneless lamb, (from the leg or loin)
- 2 Tbs soy sauce, divided
- 3 tsp cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock or dry Sherry
- 1 Tbs (Chinese) chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbs peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp freshly minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2- inch pieces
- 2 Tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- Cut lamb into long 2-inch wide strips along the grain of the meat, then cut crosswise (across the grain), into thin slices. This ensures tender mouthfuls. In a medium bowl, combine the lamb, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, and 2 teaspoons of the cornstarch.
- To make the stir-fry sauce: In a small bowl, stir together the stock, the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon cornstarch, the chili-garlic sauce, and sugar; set aside.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Pour 1 tablespoon of the oil into the hot wok, swirling to coat. Add the lamb and cook, stirring and tossing, until lightly golden, about 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove to a plate. Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Pour the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil into the hot wok, swirling to coat. Add the green onions, ginger, and garlic. Cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the asparagus and cook, stirring and tossing, until bright green, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir the sauce to blend and add to the pan. Cook, stirring until the sauce thickens, about
1 minute; cover and cook until asparagus is tender-crisp, about 1 minute. Return lamb to
the pan and just heat through. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately with
steamed rice or rice noodles.
Calories from Fat 202 (47%)
(34%)Total Fat 22g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 15g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.