Apple Orchard Salad
The perfect salad to take along for a picnic—chicken, cheese, and apples are tossed in a tangy vinaigrette dressing.
- 4 cups cooked and diced chicken breast
- 8 cups spring greens
- 4 Gala apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup glazed walnuts
- 1 cup apple cider vinaigrette dressing (recipe below)
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing2 cups fresh apple cider
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, cracked
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Mix together all Apple Cider Vinaigrette ingredients (except oil) until sugar is dissolved, then add in oil and mix.
- Toss salad greens and apple cider vinaigrette together in bowl. Arrange diced chicken on top of greens. Sprinkle cheese to cover.
- Arrange apple slices in circular rows to cover. Sprinkle glazed walnuts to finish.
Calories from Fat 358 (63%)
(69%)Total Fat 45g
(28%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 11g
Monounsaturated Fat 22g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.