Why is whey protein a best seller?
Second, whey protein is low in carbs, fat and calories which makes it perfect for dieters. Many use it first thing in the morning, between meals or right before bed. Others use it as a post-workout drink and mix it with carbohydrates like juice, fresh fruit or a high-carb powder.
Third, whey digests easier and much faster than all other proteins.
Fourth, since most of the lactose has been removed, it's popular with lactose-intolerant individuals.
Finally, it tastes pretty good, even in water. Most brands mix instantly with a spoon, making them popular at the office.
All types of people drink whey, from young to old, active to inactive.What is the difference between whey isolate and whey concentrate?
A "concentrate" is 80% protein and an "isolate" is 90% protein. There is no other real difference between the two, except that isolates go through an extra filtering step to remove more fat and carbs. The protein quality is identical.
Concentrate Advantages: Concentrates are more economical per gram of protein. They have a low lactose level that is well tolerated by most lactose-sensitive people. They have trivial amounts of fat and carbs relative to your overall nutrient intake. This is our best-selling category of whey!
Isolate Advantages: Isolates are virtually fat-free for those wishing to eliminate as much fat from their diet as possible. They are typically lactose free for those few individuals who are very sensitive to the low-lactose levels found in whey concentrates. Isolates tend to taste slightly better than concentrates, too, yet their consistency is a little thinner, without the fat.If a whey concentrate is 80% protein, why do some products say 100% whey protein?
If a product is called 100% whey protein, this usually refers to the protein source used, meaning only whey protein is used, not egg, soy or milk protein. Therefore, a product that is named 100% whey protein (if it's from a concentrate) would contain about 80% protein.If a whey protein concentrate is 80% protein, what is the other 20%?
In our catalog we display the protein, carbs, fat, calories and servings for vanilla only because we have limited space.